Monday, July 18, 2011

Passion

Does the word ring any bells??

M sure everyone has heard of this from somewhere or the other; in some sessions, advices or wherever.
What we are told is that we should “Follow our passions” Blah Blah... But NO one, mind you no one tells you how to realize what one’s passion is and unless one does it how can he/she follow the passion.

People interpret passion as things that they like to do; things which are of interest to them but passion is not just dat. It is something that keeps you going, keeps you re-charged, and keeps you sail through the shitty work all through the week coz you know that there is something which is awaiting you.

For me passion is much much more than that. It was my passion which made me survive the ordeal at work; it was the passion which made me await the weekends. It was the passion which made me wake up at 4 am on the weekends when I used to struggle to wake up at 9 am on a weekday to go to work.

Even I was unaware of my passion till some time when the work was getting on my nerves, when I felt that I need to quit all this and realize what I need to do ..

And then it struck me, I wanted to get into hospitality... Yes, I wanted to start a Pub/Watering Hole and then the search started … I started searching for a place, an interior designer(made a frn for life), an agent who could help me get a license for F&B … Met a few managers who already were already running pubs and clubs … And the whole process made me feel good .. This whole search made me feel worth of what I was up to. I used to look upto meetings with agent who would help me set my thing up.

But then something happened which made me put my THIS passion on a back foot… But not for long …  I ll work on it one day it will open up for sure….

During the same time while when the job was screwing up my mind, I started going on long late night rides, around Pune.. The rides used to clear my mind, make me forget all the worries. The rides make me feel so good that I started going on rides ALONE even on a weekday after office J and then Bladerunnerzzz started. Though I have been out of BRZ for almost 2 yrs now but m still in touch and aware of everything happening at each levels .. But then the whole idea of travel hasn’t changed, I keep travelling across when ever I get a chance .. and have a few trips planned up as well J

So finally, have I realized my passion.. YES .. m I living them .. so so .. But m I happy J J

2 comments: